April 24-28, 2019
6pm - 11pm
585 Dundas Street East
MODEL CASTING CALL
Audition to walk for over 40 designers at Fashion Art Toronto April 24-28 2019. Fashion Art Toronto prides itself on its progressive and unconventional approach to beauty by encouraging diversity on the catwalk. We encourage models of all shapes, sizes, ethnicity and gender identities (men, women, trans and gender fluid models) to attend.
* PLEASE READ CAREFULLY *
Our model casting protocol has changed this year.
Due to increase demand and model suggestions and feedback this year we are doing casting calls during three days. On March 1st, prospective models can book a guaranteed time slot and coaching session for a $10 registration fee. March 2 & 3 castings are open and models are seen on a first come first serve basis.
COACHING / CASTING & GUARANTEED TIME SLOT
$10 Registration Fee
Friday March 1st
4pm – 10pm
$10 Registration fee includes;
* a coaching session
* two trial walks
*feedback from the judges
* guaranteed time slot that can be booked online in advance
* no line ups – models are guaranteed to be seen at their registered time
OPEN CASTING CALL
no fee to attend / no booking required
Saturday March 2nd: 9am – 1pm
Sunday March 3rd: 6pm – 10pm
To make sure everyone is accommodated and there are no barriers to participation, we have two traditional open casting dates available. Drop in any time between the hours. Prospective models must wait to be seen on a first come first serve basis.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Experience is not necessary, but judges will specifically be on the lookout for models who show originality, poise, a great walk and confidence*
1. When arriving at the location, please register and wait to present yourself to a panel of industry judges. After a brief audition, your photo may be taken.
2. If chosen by the judges you will be contacted and your information and photos will be sent to participating designers. Designers will then choose the models they want to work with from the list. If you are not chosen, you will not be contacted.
3. Bring a comp sheet OR a photo of yourself with all measurements. (If you don’t know what this is, please Google). *It is important that you know your measurements.
WHAT TO WEAR
Tank top, leggings/ jeans, high heels, minimal makeup.
Measurements and Comp sheet
All models will have their photo taken on site for reference. If selected by the jury, these photos will be sent to participating designers for a final selection.
***Please note this is a volunteer opportunity for emerging models****